Tuesday 19 June 2012

Viennese Whirls





So these babies were interesting to make - a little tricky, but I do like a bit of a challenge. I've been wanting to bake them for a few weeks and took the plunge at last and they turned out pretty beautifully. I used some gadget thing my dad has in a draw as opposed to a piping bag (although same principle, just a plastic tube rather than a bag with a nozzle attachment). These turned out a little large and I only made about eight or so - having halved the recipe just in case they didn't work out. 

If you've never had these then you really must do - the biscuit is light and airy, almost melt-in-your-mouth, and combined with a buttercream and jam filling they're really just wonderful. 

Recipe (slightly adapted) from The Hairy Bikers 
I used cherry jam for the filling, and some orange essence in place of vanilla because we'd run out - plus added a little ground ginger to add a little flavour to the dough.




No comments:

Post a Comment