Saturday 30 June 2012

Chocolate Shortbread Sandwich Cookies (with peppermint buttercream)


I made these for my friend Becca, and themed them - or the fillings - on Star Trek uniform colours. I'm not ashamed to admit my love for Star Trek and even thought trying to make cookies in the shape of the insignia was a bit of failure (for now), these were a lot of fun to make.
 I'm also pretty proud of how these turned out!


I'm useless and I can't remember exactly what recipe I used to make these - my 'filing' system for what I bake is really haphazard, although I believe it was adapted from a recipe over on Buttered Up.

IN short, they're more or less a basic shortbread recipe with cocoa powder, rolled, chilled, then cut before baking. The buttercream is also your very basic mix (unsalted butter, icing sugar and a little cornflour to thicken if runny) with peppermint flavouring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment